INITIATOR & CONCEPTUALISER OF OCEANEERS
“No other human activity is as damaging to our living planet as industrial livestock farming and fishing – the challenge is that still few people are aware of that.
Drawing so much energy and happiness from the oceans, I want to encourage other ocean-dwellers to stop supporting these industries with their hard-earned money, and raise their powerful voices to create a ripple-effect across our planet’s ocean-related communities – and beyond!”
- Born and raised in Switzerland, among mountains and cows
- 1st scuba dive age 12, 1st time on a surfboard by 18 during a gap year in Costa Rica (note: ‘on a surfboard’ not ‘surfing’…)
- Falls madly in love with kiteboarding during an exchange year in 2008 in Spain. Leads to an 8-year long obsession with the sport.
- Chasing the wind around the world whenever possible, he finally arrives in Cape Town, South Africa in 2013. He’s never left.
- The new obsession is surfing – but he can still be found kiting, SUPing and freediving from time to time
- Arrived in South Africa in 2013 as an omnivore
- Learnt about the impact of factory farming through locals, and subsequently started to cut out meat and dairy
- Became active in reduction advocacy over the past few years, e.g. by collecting signatures for a initiative to ban factory farming in Switzerland
- In 2019, eats 95% plant-based and enjoys each meal in which he supports a flourishing plant-based food industry
Oceaneers is a community-driven initiative created by two ocean lovers who wanted to inspire others to see that the biggest positive impact they could make to ocean sustainability was to change their food choices.
© 2018 Oceaneers.For.Life