oceaneer, \\ˈō-shən–nir \\ noun:
Salty sea pet (cat or dog) who reduces (or ditches) consumption of
industrially fished/-farmed animal products –
for the sake of the oceans, and the living planet.
It’s us against pretty loaded & sophisticated Marketing departments & lobbyists!
3 times a day we get to vote, with our hard-earned nuggets. Like democracy, but on steroids.
‘Perfect’ is the enemy of ‘better’ – they say! And the journey the destination.
SO FAR SO GOOD – BUT WHAT’S UP WITH THE DINOSAUR IN THE LOGO?
CUTE! AND WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY ‘INDUSTRIAL FISHING/LIVESTOCK FARMING?
– Commercial fleets
– Non-targeted (by-catch)
– Destructive for environment
– Animals are treated as objects, no respect
– No relation between farmer and animal
– More animals than farm can feed
– Profit maximization, large corporations
– Spear-/line fishing with focus on one animal
– Small-scale fish farms with high ethical standards
– Small farms with holistic methods (e.g. permaculture)
– Relationship between farmer and animal
– Animals can fulfil their social and physiological needs
– Lots of outdoor space, no use of antibiotics/hormones
EVERY MEAL MAKES A DIFFERENCE
GREAT! THANKS FOR SPOILING EVERY FUTURE MEAL… – SO WHAT DO I DO NOW?
Don’t despair – we’ve got your back! You’ll be surprised how much fun this journey is – we promise.
Start with the these 3 steps, and we’ll take it from there:
Here are the first 3 steps:
3 - Spread Awareness
Oceaneers is a community-driven initiative created by two ocean lovers who wanted to inspire others to see that the biggest positive impact they could make to ocean sustainability was to change their food choices.
© 2018 Oceaneers.For.Life